MISSING E APPRECIATION POST RIGHT HURR.
what is the missing E thing i keep hearing about anyway?
ZOMG. MISSING E. IF YOU USE CHROME, SAFARI, OR FIREFOX, GET IT.
And if you use IE, stop using it, download Chrome or Firefox (I personally don’t like Safari), and then download Missing e. and use it forever. Please.
Links to all of the above:
Okay. Now that that’s out of the way… Missing e. is a browser extension for tumblr that gives you AWESOME advantages, and makes tumblr far more useable and user friendly.
- It’s got a list of settings that you can choose to use, or choose not to. If can let you reblog your own posts (which you can’t do without installing it, which is lame).
- It will also allow you to reblog posts, keeping the tags that other people have put on the post without having to type them all in.
- You can “reply replies” which enables you to click the little “reply” icon when someone replies to your post, and it will automatically create a new text post with what the person replied, and you can reply to their reply in that new text post. That was really complicated sounding., but basically it’s what I used to create this post right here.
- There’s this thing called “Safe Dash” which is really cool. If you follow blogs that have sexual content, or potentially inappropriate content, and you’re around parents, or in public, you can turn on Safe Dash, and you’ll have to click pictures to be able to view them.
- It gives you a whole SLEW of tweaks to the ask feature which include, but are not limited to: adding tags, making ask posts on your dash rebloggable.
- AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF THAT IS AWESOME AND EPIC.
All of those things are optional, and you can pick and choose which features you want. And that’s not even all of the features, those are just some of my favorites, and not even close to the ones I use.
So, yeah. Missing e. is the best, and everyone should use it, even though you wont get support from the tumblr team. It’s so. worth. it.
And then there’s the awesome guy that created it, who’s a total sweetheart, and a really awesome guy.
tl;dr: Missing e. is epic and everyone should use it.